Stock Status: In Stock
Product Code: SimGR-CD036
‘Ben Stock Sings… Noël Coward’ is the second album from West End and UK theatre actor and singer,
Recorded at London’s Baker Street Studios, the album features 11 glorious tracks, with new piano arrangements by musical director/accompanist
and Ben Stock, and celebrates the songs of renowned playwright, songwriter and ‘wit’, Mr Noël Coward. The album also features some of Coward’s contemporaries (Cole Porter and George & Ira Gershwin) in order to enhance the stories of his songs, plus the rarely recorded song ‘When My Ship Comes Home’.
The album goes hand in hand with Ben’s latest one-man show celebrating the work of Noël Coward.
Ben’s debut album, ‘And There Was Music’, features songs by Jerry Herman, Tom Lehrer, Meredith Wilson, Cole Porter, Craig Carnelia and Amanda McBroom amongst others, and received glowing reviews:
"absolutely delightful, simply delicious"
Musical Theatre Review
"delivered by one very talented man and his piano"
"a very intimate and glittering experience"
The Public Reviews
- DANCE, LITTLE LADY (featuring FASCINATING RHYTHM and I GOT RHYTHM) *
- THERE ARE BAD TIMES JUST AROUND THE CORNER *
- LONDON PRIDE (featuring A NIGHTINGALE SANG IN BERKELEY SQUARE)
- LET’S DO IT (featuring LET’S MISBEHAVE) *
- YOU WERE THERE / A ROOM WITH A VIEW *
- MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMEN *
- SAIL AWAY / WHEN MY SHIP COMES HOME
- THREE THEATRICAL DAMES *
- I TRAVEL ALONE (including the poem I AM NO GOOD AT LOVE)
- WHY MUST THE SHOW GO ON? *
- COME THE WILD, WILD, WEATHER * Accompanied by Musical Director Inga Davis-Rutter